That's me and Ally in Palm Springs drinking our $38 pitcher of margaritas. And yes, they were worth it, if you don't include the hangover we had the next day. We realized we can't drink like we did when we were in our twenties!
Here are some other things that are a little harder to do in your forties while vacationing with girlfriends:
1. You can't just "throw on a swimsuit" anymore. Ally had a waxing incident she had to deal with and my tankini top kept rolling upward, exposing the muffin top!
2. Forget about the Hawaiian Tropics dark tanning oil from our youth. We were slathered and sprayed with no less than 30 sunblock.
3. When you are in your forties it takes a lot longer to get ready.
4. Bralessness is not an option.
5. Things cost more.
6. You have more money to spend.
7. If you don't properly hydrate while you are drinking tequila, your urine will be really bright yellow and scary when you take a wiz at 3 in the morning.
8. Hangovers hurt more.
9. Hangovers last longer.
10. When you drink and laugh with girlfriends in your forties, you sometimes pee your pants a little.