Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Bad Day Turns AWESOME

I knew better. I knew better than to say to my husband while standing in front of him pointing, "Is everyone going to be staring at this zit on my chin all day?"

"Nah," he answered. "Just put a little makeup on it, and no one will notice."

"I already did that. This is what it looks like with makeup on it."

"Oh. Hmm. Well, that's okay. Zits happen."

18+ years of marriage, you'd think he'd know better. You'd think he'd know to at least say it didn't look that bad. Sigh.

But I didn't have to worry about anyone seeing it, because two of my patients canceled at the last minute, and one didn't bother to show up, leaving me with only two on my schedule at either end of what should have been a busy day and countless hours in between, for which I was not making any money, to twiddle my fingers. Because apparently my time is not as valuable as theirs. One of these was a repeat offender, and one was a new patient who I had accommodated by working her into my schedule. Sigh.

But none of it mattered in the end, because the same day all this happened (yesterday), the deal closed on my MIL's house. So it's finished. My husband and his sister managed to close the sale. Or I should say that my husband, the agent and the escrow gal, managed to close the sale on the house without my SIL sabotaging it. And THAT, my friends, is not only nothing short of a miracle, it's a HUGE relief. One less stressor in our lives.

I'd do a little happy dance, but that would be obnoxious. So if you imagine me doing the dance, please imagine that it's cute, and not clumsy and nerdy, which it surely would be.

Thanks for the dancing stick figure, Google Images!
 
WooHoo! Here's to days ending very, very well!!

***Ally

4 comments:

singedwingangel said...

So glad that the house is now sold and you guys can go on with your life. I think I need to send my oldest sister to live with your SIL they would get along well.

tsonodablog said...

Woot! I'm just so happy for you! I even thought about doing a little happy dance, too. Only I am still on my first cup of coffee. Happy comes after 2 cups. Dance comes maybe after 3 cups. But I'm happy for you. No worries about the little ZIT. I'm sure you wear it with style.
Love the dancing cartoon stick thingy.
(I was tapping my fingers to music from the TV, though. Does that count?)

blueviolet said...

I'm SO happy that the house closed. What a relief!!!!

Wild Child Mama said...

Hooray!! This is very excellent progress. Not the zit, the house selling. Congrats!!