Monday, August 8, 2011
10 Predictions For Our Road Trip
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles.
We leave on our road trip this Thursday. I've done this before, so I think my prediction skills are pretty good. We'll see how I do.
1) We will aim to leave by 7:00am. We will actually leave at 8:15am.
2) The dog, who loves to go anywhere in the car, will go into hyper drive, bounding between the three of us uncontrollably as she tries to keep us all in her sights to make sure she doesn’t get left behind. She will be panting and drooling, underfoot, and an all around pain in the ass. I will curse her and wish we’d made plans to leave her behind. She will happily bound into the car the second a door has opened and plant herself firmly, letting us know she is, indeed, going with us.
3) Upon getting to the exit of the neighborhood, we will question whether a certain window or door was actually locked, and have to go back and check.
4) Upon getting to the exit the second time, Hubs will realize his sunglasses are in the other car. We will go back for those. We will finally hit the road.
5) The Boy will be immediately plugged into his iPod. The dog will crash next to him, having used up all her energy acting like an idiot.
6) Forty-five minutes down the road, I will have to pee for the first time having gulped my coffee down minutes before getting in the car. An hour later, I will ask to stop at Starbucks, a request that will be denied, as Hubs knows it will lead to at least two more potty breaks. I will sigh, and contentedly settle into my seat. We'll be on vacation!!!
7) We will arrive in Klamath Falls late in the day. (Our planned stop at Crater Lake may or may not actually happen as we realize we are sick of being in the car and simply want to get to the hotel, which is still a couple hours down the road.)
8) We will check into the hotel, a basic Shilo Inn (don’t judge - we have a dog and it’s Klamath Falls). I will scrutinize the room, a designated “pet room”, for signs of previous dogs. I will check the beds for hair and bed bugs and the floor for fleas. I will check the bathroom for cleanliness and wipe the remote controls and handles with disinfectant wipes. I will roll back the bedspreads and demand everyone wear shoes in the room.
9) We will want to go to the Brew Pub we have previously picked out for dinner. It will be too hot to leave the dog in the car. We’ll try to bribe The Boy to stay at the hotel with her while we go eat. We’ll promise to bring him something good to eat. He’ll agree, but I’ll feel guilty, so we’ll end up getting take out from somewhere and beer from the grocery store.
10) We’ll watch bad tv in the hotel. I will fall asleep contentedly. We’ll be on vacation!!!