Monday, November 7, 2011
Monday Listicles - Babes In The Bleachers
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along or create your own!
This week, its Babes in The Bleachers. Dedicated to the High School Years.
I was a teenager in the 80's. As in, I graduated in 1985. Right smack in the middle. Early 80's in high school, late 80's in college. I had it all. All of the 80's, that is. hehe
So here's my list. The things that stand out in my mind when I think of the high school years.
1. Big hair. Really big hair. And for me it was mostly natural, with no products that are available today to tame it.
2. Braces. For five years. That’s longer than high school!
3. Best pair of jeans I ever owned - Levi’s shrink-to-fits, perfectly fitted, color stripped, re-dyed gray, legs pegged, with little slits at the outside ankle. All done by moi.
4. 80’s music. You name it, we listened to it. Madonna, Prince, Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, Lionel Ritchie, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Idol, the Eurythmics, Air Supply, Foreigner, John Cougar, Joan Jett, Go-Go's, Men At Work, Pink Floyd, Kool & The Gang, Queen. Oh man, I could go on and on. I will, however, spare you.
5. Draaama. Is there anything more dramatic that a high school girl?
6. Puffed sleeves, jumpsuits and overalls. (And yes, I’ve seen the overalls hanging at Target this year. Not going to happen. Not with this girl.)
7. Shoulder pads. What were we thinking?
8. Walkmans, cassette tapes, and boom boxes.
9. Under age dance clubs - oh, we were so cool!
10. Acid wash jeans. Yes, there was something worse than shoulder pads.