Monday, February 6, 2012
Monday Listicles - Passion
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along.
This week's topic was chosen by Jackie at Not Wifezilla, in honor of a friend that recently passed away. The topic - What are your passions?
Hmm, I gave some thought to this and realized I really liked this topic. I think if you pay attention to what someone is passionate about, it says a lot about who they really are. I tried to come up with an honest list, that reflected who I am. Not just things I really like, but things that when I talk about them, I truly become animated, or passionate. They are NOT in any particular order. So don't give me a hard time because Hubs isn't listed first. :)
1. Health - Just ask Hubs, I can get on a serious soapbox. And I currently often feel frustrated by how hard good health seems to be to grasp in this country.
2. Nutrition - I guess this goes hand in hand with #1, but it is only one piece, albeit a large one, to the puzzle.
3. Running. After years of claiming I was not a runner and a surgery some years back that allowed me a distance I had been previously unable to achieve, I had a change of heart. I love what it does for my body and my mind.
4. My marriage. It's a given for me. Kind of a good thing since I plan to spend the rest of my life with him. :)
5. Medical care. Everyone should have access to medical care. No one should leave a doctor's office without a clear understanding of their treatment plan. Everyone should be able to choose the physician they want to work with. Everyone should understand that it's okay to ask questions, it's okay to question treatment, it's definitely okay to seek a second opinion, and that treatment is a choice.
6. Sunshine. I never thought of it as a passion before, but it certainly invokes intense feelings for me. I crave it. I relish it. It lifts my mood. It calms my soul.
7. Maui, Hawaii. You've seen me write of it before. Sit and talk to me about it and act interested and I'll talk your ear off. The island worked its way into my heart when I lived there. It's not just beaches and palm trees with fruity drinks. It's a way of life and a peace of heart. It's a respect for the land and for the people whose roots run deeper than our 50th state. It's an awe of the customs and cultures of a life so different. And it's a constant awe of the raw beauty that surrounds you while you are there. The real beauty, not just the man made stuff for the tourists.
8. Reading. I can't imagine a life without books. The ability to leave this world for just a little while and completely lose yourself in another is something I cherish.
9. Being a mom. Is there anything better? I know we all talk about the ups, and especially the downs, because these blogs are our safe place to do so. But really, I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING in the world. My son brings me a joy I didn't know could exist until I had him. And it honestly increases with every day that passes.
10. World Peace. I'm KIDDING. I wasn't really going to use that again. I guess I would have to say Life. I mean, what's the alternative, right? Yeah, I choose life and right now, at this time, we are working our butts off to make it something we can continue to be passionate about!