Sunday, March 25, 2012
Making Life Easier - Monday Listicles
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. And look at her beautiful pictures while you are checking out her site.
This weeks topic is 10 Things That Make Our Lives Easier chosen by Terri at Terri's Little Corner.
1) This blasted, addictive internet, computer, and wireless modem combo I’m typing on. Because, really, I can communicate, book trips, buy things, etc - all from my comfy sofa.
2) The kiosk at the notoriously-slowest-post-office-on-earth that allows me to weigh, measure and buy postage to ship packages without standing in the ever-longer-line while waiting for the I-don’t-care-how-many-people-are-lined-up-I-have-no-reason-to-hurry-postal-workers to sloooowly help each customer. USPS Click N Ship online is even better - I could even schedule a pick up if I wanted.
3) The George Foreman grill that allows me to whip up a quick dinner without the mess of frying or broiling or hauling out the grill in the middle of winter. (I just wish it wasn’t non-stick coated - I’m pretty sure there are health issues there)
4) Digital photography. Serious instant gratification. And the ability to take hundreds of pictures hoping to get that one great one, without it costing a fortune in developing costs.
5) My washer and dryer. Even though they are older. Because scrubbing The Boy’s grass and mud stained baseball pants on river rocks would really suck.
6) The television remote control. Yes, young people, I am just old enough to remember getting up and walking across the living room to turn the channel (the reason it’s called TURN the channel, was it was a round knob thingy!). Then again, we only had 13 channels and an antenna, not 700 and a cable connection. (And as Hubs would say - there’s still nothing good on tv!)
7) Technical fabrics. If you are/were/have ever been forced to, be a runner, then you may remember the days of running in cotton sweats, t-shirts and sweatshirts. Add rain, and you are talking wet and miserable. Fabrics have come a long way, baby. From whisking away sweat, to not weighing fifty pounds when soaked by rain, light weight tech fabrics are the only way to go. They don’t have to be name brand expensive (think lululemon and athleta), either. I have several pieces by Champion from Target, and I’m not too proud to admit it.
8) Netflix. Though I do miss perusing the new releases at the video store sometimes, it's awfully nice to have movies just show up in my mailbox. And watching Downton Abbey on instant watch... well, it's pretty easy to take it all for granted.
9) Pay at the pump gasoline. Yes, young people, this one dates me, too. But once upon a time you weren't able to just swipe a card at the pump to buy gas. (Unless you live in one of the few states that still have attendants pump your gas and don't allow you to do it yourself, ie; Oregon)
10) Email, for those times when you need to relay information to everyone in a group - did we really used to call 10 (or more) different people to have the same conversation??