Rachel from Totally Ovar It and Kathy from Little Cheesehead On The Prairie host "Frugal Friday". They have some great $$ saving tips for living a little more frugally, leaving a little more $$ in your wallet.
I love bargain hunting. And I only bargain hunt for things I need. Nothing drives me nuttier that someone buying something just because it's a great deal! If I don't need it, it's still a drain on my wallet, even if it IS a good deal!
Anyrant, (I got a little side-tracked there), I do love a good bargain, I never pay full retail when I can get it for less (which is quite often), never charge anything if I don't have the money to pay it off at the end of the month, and LOVE finding ways to save. Especially right now, when things are tighter than that nasty picture of the too small shorts going around Facebook. (If you haven't seen it, I won't be scarring your eyes with it here. Just imagine a size 1X body in a pair of size 6, itty, bitty short shorts. *shiver*)
This is neither earth shattering or brilliant, but I was quite pleased with how it came out. I bought some small Easter gifts for our nieces - a tradition we've done since the kids were little. Instead of buying new Easter bags, or wrap, or tissue, that would just be discarded anyway, I used some fabric leftovers from project-gone-bad several years ago and ribbon I had in the house. I put a little Easter grass in the bottom, added gifts, tied them up and grabbed some images from Google and printed up some gift tags and voila! Soft, plushy, Easter packages!
Sorry about the name block outs, but because I
Using leftover fabric, reusable scarves, cloth napkins, bandanas, etc for gift wrap is a great way to save if you already have extras of those things, and GREEN, too. I do love me some tree hugger green.
For this weekend, I have several wishes for you:
- May all the hidden eggs be found on Easter, and not several weeks later by sense of smell.
- May all the eggs be consumed before you tire of egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs.
- May your asparagus be cooked perfectly and not turn to mush.
- May you not bloat up from the copious amounts of salt in your ham.
- May you be able to stop at one chocolate egg or bunny, instead of _____ (insert excess number here)
- May you get lots of Cadbury Mini Eggs, because, damn those things are good.
Have a Happy & Blessed Easter this weekend!