Sunday, June 3, 2012
Summer Memories - Monday Listicles
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. And look at her beautiful pictures while you are checking out her site.
This week's topic: 10 Summer Memories. Let's see if you notice a theme emerging...
1) My first year at week long summer camp. Horse camp. Little girl in heaven. I was a little freaked when it turned out I wouldn't be in the same cabin as the girls I went with, but quickly settled right in.
2) Second year at summer camp. I took my best friend, Lela, who is allergic to both grass and horses. She had allergies the whole week. But OMG, so much fun. And then there was that pesky car accident we got into on the way home when something broke on the steering and we ended up over a bank and in an apple orchard!
3) Third year at summer camp. Different friends, same awesome fun. Horses, horses, horses. This girl was hooked.
4) First year as a junior staffer at summer camp! I skinned a rattle snake!
5) Second year as a junior staffer at summer camp! I stayed for a month!
6) Third year as a junior staffer at summer camp! I got to ride in the grand entrance to the rodeo! (I'm pretty sure I stayed AT LEAST a month!)
7) First year as a counselor at summer camp! I think I even got paid - though it wasn't much. We did a Japanese exchange week - SO much fun!
8) ANOTHER year working at summer camp! I got to be the Horsemanship Instructor. I even got to lead a few trail rides! If it still existed, I'd still be trying to figure out how to go work there in the summers, I swear!
9) One time at summer camp... JUST KIDDING! Just so you know I DID do other things - somewhere in all those years, we took Lela with us on summer vacation - my mom dropped us at my dad's in Reno and she went on an awesome river rafting trip down the Grand Canyon. Lela and I did July 4th at Lake Tahoe with my dad and family - SO cool. And a whole lot less allergies for Lela. Then we met back up with my mom in San Francisco. More coolness!
10) My first trip to Maui was the summer between 7th and 8th grade, with my mom, grandparents and a cousin that had just graduated from high school. THAT is a great summer memory!
Ahhhh, summer. Warm, sunny, carefree (hey, I can pretend), these are the days memories are made from!
Note: Yes, there are a lot of these in this post: !!!! Can you tell I get animated when I talk about summer camp? :)