Sunday, July 29, 2012
The Sounds That Drive Me Bonkers
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.
This week's list is Sounds That Drive Me Bonkers. Ha, she may be sorry she asked!
1. My dog repeatedly licking herself. And by that, I mean licking a paw, her leg, her lips, whatever. Especially in the dead of the night. Ugh.
2. Geese honking on the pond at 5:00am. Fortunately, it hasn't happened in a while. I may or may not have, once upon a time, been seen looking like a crazy lady, throwing rocks into the pond from my backyard, attempting to scare them away. At 5:00am. (Not at the geese - just into the water. Near the geese.)
3. The power washer of the neighbor down the street, droning on all. freaking. day. long. He brings home his semi-truck cab and power washes it on perfectly nice, sunny, lovely days when I'd like to have my windows open. It takes him hours. I could wash it by hand in 1/5 of the time.
4. An alarm clock that goes off anytime before 7:00am. I'm usually awake by then anyway.
5. The bathroom fan left running, and running, and running, long after the user of the bathroom has left.
6. My husband's spoon scraping on the side of the cereal bowl over and over and over as he mixes his two kinds of cereal, fruit and milk.
7. The sound of the leaking toilet tank that requires me to get up, go back in there, lift off the lid to the tank and hold the float down so just a little bit more water will come in and make it stop.
8. The drill at the dentist. Even if it's not being used on me. Ack.
9. The sound of my SIL's voice when she screeches at her husband. Makes me nuts.
10. Snoring. From anyone besides cute little puppies. Because, really, cute little puppies snoring are adorable. Unless it's the middle of the night, that is.