Now that I am older and wiser . . .
1. I take care of my skin. What was I thinking in my 20's never wearing sunscreen or picking and popping my pimples? I wear at least a 30 spf daily and see the dermatologist regularly. When I look in the magnifying mirror I accept my scars and wrinkles as I apply expensive creams and lotions.
2. I only wear comfortable shoes. Period. If they have to be high or fancy they better not hurt my tootsies. When I was in high school I had huge size 10 feet, but squeezed them into 9's to make them look smaller. I still got teased! Now I wear 11's and couldn't care less.
3. "Going out" has taken on a new meaning. No more staying out all night and drinking kamikazis (one time with Ally in Hawaii). I have a strict 3-glass maximum of "good" wine. Two-buck-Chuck is NOT good wine. Also, I am usually home by the time Saturday Night Live starts.
4. Size does matter . . . when it comes to underwear. I have gone from "thong" to "granny" and proud of it! Like my shoes, my panties have to be comfortable.
5. I lower my expectations. This might sound bad, but it really works! I am not lowering my standards, just my expectations. Think about it.
That's all I can think of for now. I have been forgetting a lot of things lately. Must be old age.