Sunday, September 9, 2012
10 Songs for Monday Listicles
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.
This week's list is 10 Songs. And we can do anything we want with that. At first I didn't have a clue, but then my mind started thinking of titles I wouldn't include on any song list... and that became my list.
10 songs, good or bad, that have been overplayed into oblivion:
1. Celebration - Kool & The Gang (at every wedding without fail)
2. Barney Song - Barney (every parent with a child born after April-1992 has nearly committed a crime to keep from being driven crazy by this song)
3. Soul Sister - Train (there are plenty more that fit with the time frame of this one, this one just stood out)
4. Tainted Love - Soft Cell (I just dated myself as a teenager of the 80's)
5. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
7. 1999 - Prince
8. Macarena - Los del Rio (another wedding bomb)
9. We Will Rock You - Queen
10. And my newest addition to the list: Never Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift (while a few of the songs on this list are good songs, this is the worst. song. ever. - in my humble opinion)
There are plenty more I could put on this list. Maybe it means they've stood the test of time. Or that we should wonder about the sanity of society. Remember, I'm not saying they are all bad, so don't go all bunched-panties on me. And if you are way younger than me and this list leaves you going, "Huh?", just try to be kind to little old me.