Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

10 Foods I Didn't Eat, But Do Now


Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.

This week's subject is 10 Foods, spun any way I want. So, here are  
10 Foods I Now Eat, That I Used To Not Like:

1. Brussel Sprouts. I shred them and then saute them with a little olive oil, garlic, sea salt and red pepper flakes. Oh My Yum!

2. Dates

3. Chard

4. Kale

5. Raw nuts - without being roasted or salted

6. Beans - kidney, red, white, pinto - cooked up from dry.

7. Chick peas/Garbanzos - again, cooked from dry and sprinkled with a little sea salt? Delicious snack.

8. Thai curry. I could eat it all day, every day.

9. Oysters. But only cooked on the barbeque with a little hot sauce sprinkled on top.

10. Pizza. Not kidding. When I was a kid my family used to have to stop and buy me a burger on the way to the pizza place because I didn't think I "liked it" *said with a whiny little girl's voice*

Eat and be Merry!

***Ally

18 comments:

Michelle said...

No way! You didn't eat pizza??

@dkotucker said...

Have you tried homemade kale chips? A girlfriend made them for our book club. Was a little leary at first but they were deeeeelicious!

Garbanzo beans remind me of little bums. Yes I am still 12. :D

Bee said...

Great take on the list! There's so much stuff I refused to eat as a kid that I love now.

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms said...

Laughing about the pizza. My daughter who eats all other manner of carb and red sauce combinations, refuses to eat sauce on her spaghetti. They have to be separated. I make her do it herself. :)

So how do yo cook those chickpeas from dry? Intrigued. Ellen

Julia Gibson said...

I have no luck cooking beans from dry... what is the secret?!

Julia @ Mom on the Run x2

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I'm crazy for chickpeas. I add them to soooo many things, but I haven't tried them dry. MUST do!

I'm appalled at all the time wasted in your life not eating pizza. Tsk tsk.

Katie E said...

I'm afraid a lot of these are still on my "don't eat because I'm too picky" list. But I have added some things to my eating list since I was a kid - I used to eat a salad that excluded lettuce, but now I eat lettuce :) And zucchini. And a few other things. So maybe I'll eventually get to some of the things on your list!

Cocalores said...

Okay, brussel sprouts are disgusting, I have not changed a bit from when I was a kid - but not liking pizza? That is so wrong! ;-)

Ducky said...

Thing 1 like brussel sprouts. They just make me gag a little. BLECH!

Marie said...

Here's another blech on the brussels sprouts, but good for you for trying them.

Janice Trinh said...

You must have been the ONLY kid in the planet at that time who did not like pizza! Are you an alien???

STacie @ Snaps and Bits said...

Brussels are my fav veggie! I shred them a lot too, but also like them pan roasted.

Wayne W Smith said...

I can see the pizza thing though my son who is trying for the record of pickiest eater loves it.

Robbie K said...

My kids don't like pizza..which I cannot even begin to comprehend as it is one of my favorite foods.

Terri Sonoda said...

Love me some curry. And would you believe my DIL makes the best curry I've had? She's a keeper! LOL

Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course said...

Back in MN, we lived above a restaurant, and my husband LOVED their brussel sprouts. I've never attempted making them at home.

Pamela said...

Thanks, now I'm HUNGRY :) But at least it's for chick peas.

Stasha said...

Ha. I love curry too! Next time. Are going to Thai restaurant across from Ciao ;)