Sunday, December 30, 2012
His 80's List - Monday Listicles
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.
This week we had choices! 10 things totally 80's, 10 tweets or 10 crushes.
I'm a product of the 80's - and by that, I mean I was a teenager in the 80's - so that one caught my eye. But I gave it a twist. I briefly saw that Stasha's husband did her Listicle. I stopped reading and decided to copy her. Sort of. My Hubs is 6 years older than me, so our perspective on the 80's is quite different. Here's his:
I asked Hubs, "Tell me the first 10 things you think of when you think of the 80's." The following is what he gave me. He might be a little music driven. Just sayin'.
1. The death of rock (insert disco here)
2. The rebirth of rock - Van Halen, AC/DC
3. The death of disco
4. Neon colors
5. Birth of the personal computer
6. Movies: E.T., Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Back to the Future, Fast Times at Ridgemont High
7. The murder of John Lennon
8. Led Zeppelin broke up
9. Punk Rock
10. Yet another decade that the Cubs didn't win the World Series
There you have it. I'm sure with more discussion, he'd go a little deeper. And then all 10 would be about music! Except for #10. He'd still grieve the Cubs.
Now I'm going back to read Stasha's list!