Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

THAT Gift

I am blessed with wonderful friends and family. Christmas is no exception.

Now that I've been politically correct, let's talk about THAT gift. You know we've all gotten one at one time or another. The gift you open and think What the heck?! all while smiling and saying, "Wow, how nice!".

I got a couple of those this year. Disclaimer: these items given to me by someone who didn't know me, was down on their luck or having on hard times would have made me weep at the thoughtfulness. I also would have been fine receiving these from my best friend. None of these were the case in this situation. Just trust me.

Nothing says, "I think you suck" like:

A trinket with your company logo
that you got for free at work

and

a tub of conditioner for 
"dry and damaged hair".
All wrapped up and tied with a bow.

Mmm-kay, message received.


Beyond that, our Christmas was lovely. Good people, good food, good times. And an abundance of blessings in our lives.

What did YOU get for Christmas?

***Ally

9 comments:

Suzy said...

And THAT is why I never exchange gifts with anyone.

I did give the hardworking doormen at my sister's building a box of chocolates. Within the hour I saw 2 other people give the same gift. Only theirs were from Switzerland and Belgium, respectively, and mine was from Walgreen's.

Susi said...

That's an interesting choice in gifts for sure. I get one of "those" gifts every year from the same person and I honestly don't understand why this person even bothers! It'll be returned or exchanged shortly!

JennyBeans said...

I'm with Susi--why bother?! Is this gift giver in receipt of all his/her full faculties? And CONDITIONER! That's just strange, unless the person was a hairdresser.

JennyBeans said...

My iPad and Blogspot aren't talking well to each other.... I wasn't finished.

Jenny advice: UNFRIEND.

Happy, happy new year! Jenny

Terri Sonoda said...

Wow, I don't know how anyone could give you hair products...except perhaps, someone jealous of your beautiful locks. People are weird.
I got a Kindle Fire (LOVED LOVED LOVED) and a fabulous utility bag personalized "Terri's Stuff"...lavendar patterned...an amazingly thoughtful gift from my new DIL. LOVED it.
I got flowers from my best friend. I swear she is the only person in the world who remembers my favorite flower is a red carnation. She's amazing. I didn't get any WTF? gifts this year, and it's probably the first Christmas I can honestly say that.
Anywho, back to your hair. Just smile and do a sassy little 'hair flip', because you and your hair ROCK.

Mommy Lisa said...

I got wine with this WEIRD wine "cozy" that was fur with a crystal button. It was really odd.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

Those are the kinds of gifts that people just searched through their stuff to find something, anything!

Babes Mami said...

Since we moved December 1st we didn't do gift exchanges with family so I didn't get to get the strange gifts I normally do! Chris got me a bluray Titanic that I'm looking forward to watching. It's not exactly the movie I enjoy but the whole Titanic story.

Jill said...

Hysterical! And totally true! Not even good enough to re-gift ;)