Monday, December 17, 2012
Wrapping Up The Christmas Songs
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.
This week's subject is either 10 Holiday Songs or 10 Songs I Love, Hate or Love to Hate. Or a combination thereof.
So here are 10 Holiday Songs I Love. There are more, and favorites change constantly - and even favorites can become annoying very, very quickly. But here are 10 I generally enjoy.
Some traditional, some not so traditional, some old...
10. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses. This is 80's Christmas at it's best. And this is the 3rd annual posting of this song on my blog. You're welcome.
9. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby & David Bowie
8. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders
7. Angels We Have Heard On High - Relient K (Can you listen without bobbing your head?)
6. Thankful - Josh Groban
5. Oh Holy Night - Martina McBride (A Capella version)
4. Thank God It's Christmas - Queen
3. Did I mention Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses?
2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - James Taylor
1. Silent Night - any version, any artist you like.
And to the 20 children and 6 adults killed in the Connecticut shootings - Sleep In Heavenly Peace.
I started this post Thursday. I was cruising along, enjoying the YouTube videos, got part way done and saved for the next day. The next day Connecticut happened. I did eventually finish the post Sunday night, but my heart wasn't in it.