Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Wrapping Up The Christmas Songs


Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about.

This week's subject is either 10 Holiday Songs or 10 Songs I Love, Hate or Love to Hate. Or a combination thereof. 

So here are 10 Holiday Songs I Love. There are more, and favorites change constantly - and even favorites can become annoying very, very quickly. But here are 10 I generally enjoy.

Some traditional, some not so traditional, some old...

10. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses. This is 80's Christmas at it's best. And this is the 3rd annual posting of this song on my blog. You're welcome.
 


9. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby & David Bowie
8. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders
7. Angels We Have Heard On High - Relient K (Can you listen without bobbing your head?)
6. Thankful - Josh Groban
5. Oh Holy Night - Martina McBride (A Capella version)
4. Thank God It's Christmas - Queen
3. Did I mention Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses?
2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - James Taylor
1. Silent Night - any version, any artist you like.
And to the 20 children and 6 adults killed in the Connecticut shootings - Sleep In Heavenly Peace.

I started this post Thursday. I was cruising along, enjoying the YouTube videos, got part way done and saved for the next day. The next day Connecticut happened. I did eventually finish the post Sunday night, but my heart wasn't in it.

***Ally

10 comments:

Bee said...

Great list. I totally understand how you had a tough time finishing it.

Cocalores said...

Hilarious video and song! If you ask me, you should post it every year from now to eternity - how could generations of people live without ever having seen this? Personally, I had never heard it before, but that might be a cultural thing as I'm from Germany. I don't even dare to ask if the video ever made it onto MTV ;-)

Terri Sonoda said...

O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song ever. I will have to listen to Martina's version.
Love your list! I love a combination of types as well. Some funny, some serious, some spiritual.

@dkotucker said...

I'm glad I had my post mostly written too. Your comment with Silent Night was beautiful!

Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course said...

I don't think I'd ever consider 2000 miles to be a Christmas song, but I do love it. :D

I'll have to check out the Christmas Wrapping video after work.

angel shrout said...

It is hard to think about Christmas now isn't it. Just horrifying and heart wrenching for all of us who have children. Love your list.. I posted mine much earlier this morning.

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms said...

Oh, I love that song by The Waitresses too. Tough finish. Heavy hearts everywhere. Erin

AudreyN said...

I have never heard that song by The Waitresses but now its a favorite!

Ducky said...

Totally understandable. I haven't had the heart to do much of anything lately. Mary Did You Know is one of my top five favorites.

And no...I can't listen without bobbing my head to Angels We Have Heard on High :D

Stasha said...

Love love love 2000 miles!!! Merry Christmas my sweet friend to you all!!