Sunday, January 13, 2013
Movie Quotes Galore
Link up with Stasha at The good life for Monday Listicles. It's a different topic every week - follow along and join in. Stasha's a great host and always has interesting things for us to make our lists about. Besides, cool people hang out there.
This week's topic: 10 BEST MOVIE QUOTES. I sat down to make my list and thought, "who came up with THIS?" Oh, that's right. It was me. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. Until I had to actually come up with them!
I was going to go with the classics, like "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." But I decided to go with a little more recent quotes. Not too recent, though, because I'm terribly behind on movies.
1. "Hey... crotchmouth! Yeah, you! Zip it, or I'll come up there and zip if for ya!" (The Blind Side) Why have I never reused that term?
2. “I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner” (The Silence of the Lambs) Creeeeeepy.
3. "I can't believe I just gave my panties to a geek." (Sixteen Candles)
4. "You're killing me Smalls!" (The Sandlot) - most re-used line in my house OF ALL TIME.
5. “I’ve been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I’ve come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains.” (High Fidelity) I have a strange love of that movie.
6. "I have been touched by your kids... and I'm pretty sure that I've touched them." (School of Rock) Um, possibly the best terribly, inappropriately worded line.
7. "Michael, I want you to have a good time but if you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock, I will crawl into the car, drive up to Oxford and cut off your penis." (The Blind Side) I actually plan on using this quote when I drop my son off at college next year.
8. "Who would've thought we'd have a black son before we met a Democrat?" (The Blind Side) Loved that movie. I should have just done a list of the best 10 lines from The Blind Side. Even then, I'd have a hard time choosing - there were some great lines in that movie.
9. "You're supposed to be the leading lady in your own life, for God's sake!" (The Holiday) Listen up, ladies, you heard it here...
10. “Either get busy living, or get busy dying.” (Shawshank Redemption)
Bonus - “My mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you’re gonna get” (Forrest Gump)
Worst Quote Bonus - "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." (Dirty Dancing) Strangely, this is also a highly used quote in my house - we say it when something in a movie, on a show, in life is just ridiculous. In fact, it's like our secret code for "ridiculous".