Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Here, Then There, And Back Again

I need to clean my house. But lately it goes something like this:

I go to wipe the kitchen counter and see something that needs to go in the dining room.

Once in the dining room, I carry something out of place back to the living room.

From the living room I carry a computer mouse back up to my husband's desk where I notice the banister really needs dusting.

I go to the laundry room for a dust cloth and see that the clothes need to be put in the dryer.

Except there are already clothes in the dryer that need to be taken upstairs and folded.

As I walk through my bathroom to put a shirt away in my closet, I realize the bathroom counter needs to be wiped down.

I go to The Boy's bathroom for the cleaning spray and see that he has a roll of toilet paper on the counter that he hasn't bothered to put on the holder.

I take the empty cardboard roll to the recycle bin by Hubs' desk and realize I haven't dusted the banister yet.

And so it goes.

By the end of the day I've run around like crazy, and have nothing of value to show for it!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that does this...

***Ally

9 comments:

elzimmy said...

Yes, I do this constantly. Then I remember way too late the first thing I was trying to do and the cycle starts all over again.

Angelwithatwist said...

Yeah I do that daily. It gets irritating. I try to make a list and take a basket in a room with me. That way if I find something that belongs somewhere else than the place I am working I simply put it in the basket to move when I am done in that room.

Terri Sonoda said...

LMAO! Ally, I do the same thing so much, I've incorporated it into my exercise regimen. Burns calories! May as well reap something out of all that craziness!
Now where did I put my coffee cup? Maybe it's in the bathroom where I went to return my toothbrush...which was stuck in my mouth while I put a load of laundry in the washer because I'm out of underderwear (too much information?) after sifting through my sock drawer and finding only one sock of each color. Oh wait, I think my coffee cup might be in the sock drawer! Gotta go.. TTY later...

Dana @ Kiss My List said...

Sounds like the "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" books! I do the same thing. It's funny that I don't have that lack of focus in any other area of my life. Just housework.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

That is so me in every aspect of my life!!!!!!

Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course said...

Oh, you are certainly not the only one! One reason why I live in a small-ish apartment.

Jill said...

I will say "Amen!" to that! It's like I have ADD and OCD when cleaning! Glad I'm not alone :)

Babes Mami said...

I usually do this circuit a few days and then the place is clean! For about an hour.

Mindy said...

And if you give a mom a cookie...No seriously. My life. Every day. So well put!