These are ten lies I tell myself when I decide to paint in my home:
1. I love painting.
2. The cutting-in will go quickly.
3. I can paint it with one coat if I get the paint with primer.
4. I can power out the room in a few hours.
5. I don't need to wear an old shirt while painting.
6. I can move the heavy furniture by myself.
7. I won't get paint in my hair.
8. I don't need a drop cloth.
9. I can get the room prepped in 20 minutes.
10. I love painting.
The truth? I don't love painting so much, cutting-in takes forever, it always takes two coats, it always takes all day, I will wear paint on my clothes and in my hair, I will spill on the carpet, and I don't love painting so much.
But I am pretty good at it, and always happy with the results.
One room down... the rest of the house to go!