Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

On Kindess

A simple quote I read this morning that resonated with me:

"Practice genuine kindness. – The best choice you can make is to be genuinely respectful and authentically kind.  Though your kindness will not always be returned, it will certainly be noticed.  And even when it’s not fully appreciated by others, your kindness will always inject more positive value into your own life.  What you give comes back to you in ways that are impossible to predict.  So give your kindness as often as you can, and enjoy the more positive world you are helping to create." - Marc and Angel Hack Life

Because really, it should be the only way.

***Ally

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

YES!
I know for myself that I tend to get hung up when the kindness isn't reciprocated. For the little things like opening doors etc...and I don't get a thank you.
Ruins my day.
And it shouldn't because I did something that was kind :)

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I really try to do things without expectation of anything in return because I feel like I'm just setting myself up for disappointment otherwise. Truthfully, if I do a kindness for the simple act of doing a kindness, it feels a heck of a lot more fulfilling anyhow.