Of course, I'm to come up with 10 things I wish for Christmas, but I haven't even made a list yet!
Truth is, I'm not very good at making a list for me, or for asking for things. I prefer to buy for others and I'm not saying that to look like some sort of saint. It's just easier. No matter, I'm a woman. Surely this can't be too hard. Right?
1. Stemless wine glasses. I see no need to tempt fate when drinking red wine while owning a dog with a tail that could tear down small houses.
3. Sunglasses. Good ones. A long time ago I did good ones, but then I went through a phase of breaking, scratching, twisting and whatever other damage a person can do to a pair of sunglasses. I think I'm over it now and have kept my cheapos in good condition for a long time. But now I need to protect my eyes from the sun that always shines here in Reno!
4. New Canon digital camera. I got one way back when it was the coolest thing ever. And now I can get something like quadruple the megapixels at half the price. Isn't that always the way it goes?
5. Sweaters. My sweaters have been dwindling the last few years with limited new additions. People, it was 0 degrees here this morning. No, that was not a typo. 0, as in ZERO.
6. And while were at it, let's throw in some more Smartwool socks. I've only got 5 days worth (if I count the pair for running) and then I have to wash them again. Besides the heels are getting thin on one of those...
8. A fake Christmas tree. Apparently I'm allergic. We usually by Douglas Firs or Grand Firs, but this year got a Noble for the first time in many years. My sinuses are not happy. At times my lungs are not happy either. I'm sad to say this may be the last year for a real tree. *sad sigh* It smelled wonderful for that first 5 minutes it was in the house... until my nose clogged up. Nothing much smells now.
9. I suppose winning the Lotto is out of the question? Okay, moving on. New running shoes. I bought the newest version of the ones I'd been wearing for the last 3 purchases (when putting regular miles on them, I go through them about every 6 months), but something isn't right and I've developed a silly tendonitis. I won't bore you with details, but suffice to say, new running shoes would be great!
10. New dishes. We got our current set as a wedding gift. Let's just say that was a very long time ago. They are chipped and scratched, though they do hold food. New dishes, made somewhere other than China, that don't break the bank to purchase. Please, Santa?
I did it! I squeezed out a list of 10. Alright, alright, it was 9 because I never came up with one for #7. Let's throw World Peace in that slot, okay? A worthy wish indeed.
What's on your list?