Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

(Monday) Quiz on Tuesday

I read this quiz and answers by Heather and Wayne at Acting Balanced and decided I needed to jump in. Even though it's now Tuesday.

 Acting Balanced

1. National Frozen Food Day is this week - are you a big frozen food shopper? Do you freeze your own veggies or fruit?
I buy frozen fruit and will sometimes freeze surplus fruit in summer. We are a smoothie family. About the only frozen veggies I ever buy are some green beans at Trader Joe's. They are the next best thing to fresh and super easy if I'm in a pinch for veggies. I also have a ziploc that I freeze veggie scraps in that I add to the pot when I make chicken broth. Other than that we mostly have protein options in the freezer - chicken breasts, salmon burgers, ground turkey, some homemade soup that I froze a few servings of. 

You can stop rolling your eyes at the healthiness of it all. At least I didn't tell you it was all organic or pasture raised. (It is, mostly.) 

2. What annoys you? 
Bwahahahaha! You don't have time for that. Okay, mostly drivers and shoppers that are oblivious to the other people around them. Enough said.

3. It's Wine and Food Festival week in Charleston, do you have a favorite type of wine?
The kind with alcohol in it? Just kidding. Cabernet Sauvignon and red blends.

4. What do you think is an appropriate age for a first cell phone?
When they are old enough to pay the bill? KIDDING. For us it was middle school - mostly because we needed my son to be able to call us for pick up and drop off for sports. Self serving for the parents, I know. We also started with one of those phones you load with prepaid minutes to make sure he learned self-control first.

Then Heather and Wayne threw in a question #5: What do you consider to be the first sign of spring? Easy answer - that is when I am willing to sell my soul to get a plane ticket to somewhere tropical.

There you have it. A short and easy quiz about things you never, ever wondered about me.

***Ally

3 comments:

Mike said...

How ironic on you mentioning Cabernet Sauvignon. I just bought some for cooking though I'm not a red wine drinker. Cell phones? Argh, I stay clear of that one because it's different world we live in now and such a personal choice for the parents. Great topic for discussion though, Ally! :)

Liz Mays said...

I'm with you on middle school age for a cell phone. That's about when it's important to start keeping tabs on them closer. They tend to move from place to place without thinking!

Why am I not surprised your annoyances have to do with driving? ;)

Terri Sonoda said...

Love the vegetable scraps stored in freezer for broth idea. I'm hopping on that bandwagon today. Can't believe I never thought of that. You are so wise, my friend!
What annoys me? (Had to take a stab at this one) Anything that smells badly. Example: That phantom odor in my house...the one that makes me clean out the refrigerator, the stove, the bathrooms, etc. I never actually find the smell, but somehow all that cleaning gets rid of it. Annoying as all get out! Especially since cleaning is also at the top of my annoyances list.