Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Old School Blogging

Kim at All Work and No Play Makes Mommy Go Something Something has joined this a couple of times now. Every time I read it on her page, it makes me want to join in. But she's hilarious, so forgive me if my answers are far less entertaining than hers! So as I debate whether I will continue this blogging thing, I went for it anyway.

What is the last thing you watched on tv?
Well after sleeping in much later than I usually do yesterday (yes 8am is sleeping in for me), I was wide awake last night and ended up watching some new show. I don't even remember what it was called. They kidnapped a bunch of kids. And Jillian Anderson is on it and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen her since X Files. 

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I went for a run about an hour and a half ago. It was freezing. Seriously, it was 55 and sunny but there was an icy wind blowing very hard. Don't cuss at me from your snowed under eastern half of the country. We wanted winter here. Mother Nature just didn't cooperate.

What is on the walls of the room you are in?
I'm sitting at the kitchen counter and there is brand spanking new paint on these walls. The rest of the downstairs is still covered in awkward squares of paint colors we don't like.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Early retirement. That is absolutely my answer. And it would include a ranch so I could adopt wild horses.

Tell me something about you that most people don't know?
I cannot go to sleep without flossing. Can't.

Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
My son called this afternoon from college to let me know he was going to drop his food plan and would be saving me $300 next quarter. Have I mentioned that I love that kid?

If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would it be?
I would re-figure the kitchen. It's one of those kitchens the builder put in to make it look like a cook's kitchen, but it's really just for looks. So awkward, and despite appearing to be roomy, two people will constantly bump into each other.

What was the last thing you bought?
Groceries, baby. Expensive groceries. From Whole Foods.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Bungee jumping - never. I always wanted to do that tandem sky diving thing where they strap you to an instructor so you can't screw it up. And then one day I decided everything scary is out. I don't even like to drive up those winding mountain roads with a steep drop off on one side any more.

If you could eat lunch with one famous person, who would it be?
Robert Redford. He is involved with so many conservation efforts that I believe so strongly in. I'd love to pick his brain. Wait, only one? So I have to choose between Robert and Dave Matthews? Crap.

Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Athleta. I can wear athletic clothes to work and day to day, so I might as well get a wardrobe all in one store.

Is the glass half empty or half full?
Currently, my glass is empty. No really, I had a glass of water here, and it's gone and I'm thirsty.
In life? I've learned to look at it half full - I could be miserable and see half empty, but life is too short. Be grateful for what you have.

What's the farthest away place you've been?
England. 

What's under your bed?
Some extra storage boxes - empty. My boxed and preserved wedding dress. A tub of started, but never finished scrap books. And a shoe box of letters and cards from my BFF dating back at least 25 years.  

What is your favorite time of day?
When I'm off work for the day. Or maybe that hour I allow my self most days to enjoy my coffee, breakfast and morning catch up time.

What inspires you?
The amazing community of women at Under Armour's What's Beautiful site. It's a community of women "redefining the female athlete". All kinds of women, all kinds of athletics and activities, and all kinds of support.



***Ally

6 comments:

Rachelle Q said...

So funny that you can't sleep without flossing. YOu must be your dentist's dream client;)

Terri Sonoda said...

Fun post! Just sorry I took so long to get over here. Not only am I lazy about posting on my own blog, I haven't been visiting my favorite blogs either. I always enjoy the read, however, whenever I visit "Just a Normal Mom".

julie gardner said...

Reading your answers, I realized I have no idea what you do for work - if you're in athletic clothes most days...

Sounds pretty damn awesome!

And my cousin works for Under Armour - she's in charge of all their philanthropic programs - for Wounded Warriors and breast cancer survivors and stuff like that. It's an AMAZING job. And inspiring. So is she.

Anyway. I loved reading this, Ally. I like posts where we get to know more about the writer. And I hope you stick with blogging.

(But I hear you on the 'wondering if you'll continue it' front. Loud and clear.)

Kimberly said...

Oh Robert Redford...one of my favourite sexy older gentlemen.
I loved x-files. LOVED. I think I had a slight obsession with it. I was sad when it ended.
I am not hating on the 55 degrees and wind. Wind is what kills it. We almost, ALMOST hit 45 which is like the tropics, however the wind was still bitter. Boo.
I'm glad that you hooked up with this!!!

Stasha said...

The secret to a happy marriage must be keeping your wedding dress under your bed ;)

Susan said...

Retirement in a ranch, if you became a multi-millionnaire... I can’t say I blame you. I’d probably opt for the same thing ... bring some animals in and plant some fruits. It’s nice to day dream.